Progress was made on the floor this past weekend. I did as much as I could until I ran out of glue. It was a special order glue so I couldn’t just pick some more up and finish the job. I have about 2/3 of the floor done.
As you can see in the picture, I broke out the color chips for painting. I don’t know… part of me still loves the current color, part of me wants something new.
Edited to add: I found the link for the hairbands Umami2.
When you install solid wood flooring on concrete, you have to use a solvent-based glue. Solvent-based glue that can only be removed with mineral spirits or some such strong chemical. For some reason this glue gets on everything, and I mean everything. Including my caboose when I backed up to do something and ended up practically sitting in the glue bucket (I was wearing short shorts… it was 95F Saturday). I couldn’t wipe it off with the mineral spirits at that moment because I was in the middle of laying planks and hammering them in place… and I kind of forgot about that glob of glue on my glutimus maximus.
Long story made shorter, a couple of hours later I went to the potty. I nearly ripped the seat right off the toilet when I stood up. I glued my tush to the toilet!
Grace and dignity, indeed.