But not here! Haha, I’m in denial that Christmas is 3 days away and I forgot to get stocking stuffers!
Some of you all demanded a model picture of the “to rip, or not to rip” sweater. Here it is in all it’s misknit glory. As you can see I have labeled the picture so that you know what I’m detailing:
A: The arms are so tight that it pulls the shoulder down off my shoulder. It also pulls the shoulder seam onto my back but I yanked it into position for the photo. Being too tight, the collar isn’t in the right position on my neck and the front of the sweater pulls up in the front.
B: The stretched out seed stitch enhances the size of my upper arms. This is partly my fault because of where I put the decreases. Even if the sleeve weren’t tight, I would consider ripping it out to the elbow to move those decreases. Let’s call that a lesson learned.
C: The bottom of the sweater hits right on the top of my hip, not a great place to have extra flare since I have enough of my own.
D: The godets (gussets) or flared seed stitch portion at the bottom of the sweater just doesn’t look good to my eye. It looked good on the magazine model but you know she is a size 0 and anything looks great on her. Part of this may be that the sweater is too wide at the bottom (for me) so it looks odd. It may look better when the sweater is more snug.
Additionally: I realize looking at this picture that the sweater looks unbalanced lengthwise because I knit long sleeves into it. If the sleeves were elbow-length, it would look more balanced. In order to balance out the longer sleeves, it looks like I need to take the sweater down 3-4 inches (to the bottom of the black shirt).
Also: I want to point out that I don’t wear black shirts with that skirt in public, I was a fashion hazard in the comfort of my own home.
I have decided that this sweater is really worth ripping out and reknitting to get the look I want. In the meantime, I am working on new projects! Behold:
This is the start of My So Called Scarf in a recycled cotton made by K1C2. The yarn is too slippery for metal needles so I switched to bamboo. I have knit this pattern in other materials and I can honestly say that cotton is not a good choice. If you knit this scarf (and I think you should), use an animal fiber… trust me. Also, I want to point out that this pattern is boring in solid color. Ask me how I know.
This sweater is also on the needles. I am modifying the pattern by size, color, and yarn. It took me 3 hours last night (lots and lots of interruptions) to get the first 17 rows of the sleeve knit. I had to completely redo the first color chart since I have a modified the number of stitches in the sleeves. For some reason, I have to have this sweater even though I know I am going to need to redesign the front. There is no way that closure is going to look good over my schnoobs!
As the season is bearing down on us, I want to wish all of you and your families very warm and happy holidays!