Huh! It has been a while since my last post. And the break was totally unintentional, I will enumerate my excuses…
1) Turbo allergies… my allergy meds suddenly weren’t cutting it. I barely had the energy to sit up so posting wasn’t going to happen.
2) I decided that since my meds weren’t working, I would stop taking them because they make me drowsy. Ha! That was a bad, bad mistake. Two days later and I was way worse. Pseudophedrine and allergy meds to the rescue!
3) My mother came for a week long visit… enough said.
4) My son then got sick and I had one of the worst migraines since before I got pregnant. I wanted to go to the ER because my meds didn’t work (hmmm… I am seeing a theme here). Unfortunately, my son had a screamingly sore throat at the same time (try that with a migraine, I dare you!)… I couldn’t drive myself and there was no way I was getting in the car with the screaming banshee.
5) My dr disappeared. I talked to her receptionist one Monday about a referral. Come Friday I hadn’t received it yet so I called again… the number was disconnected. Monday she was still disconnected… so I said “bleep bleep bleepity bleep!”
6) I made an appointment with an ENT without the referral… because sometimes they will do that for patients whose doctors disappear into thin air. But he is a specialist, and the appointment is still in the advanced future.
7) I found another doctor but that appointment is also in the future (but not as advanced). She comes highly recommended which is good because otherwise I wouldn’t be able to see past the hefty first visit charge (she is out of network).
8) My 4-year old has been replaced with a pod boy. Oh my gawd! Send help!!!
Enough excuses. On to the things that really count… craftiness.
I made covers for this chair’s cushions (and one other matching chair). It looks crumply because I haven’t sewn the fourth side, and I think it needs more stuffing.
I have two cafe chairs that needed new seat covers… hot red! Love it.
And I sewed up these blocks for a couch throw. Each and every block is wrong… and I double checked the pattern before I sewed them. Ding dang darn! I might resew them, but I have to put them aside so the frustration factor diminishes.
I rearranged the play area. Once upon a time, this was my dining room. I pulled the shelves out of the nursery because they weren’t being used effectively. Now my son likes this area.
My almost sister-in-law brought yarn spun up from her dogs’ hair. She wants me to knit up flowers with them. These skeins are all poodle hair… they turned out pretty nice.
I’ll be around more now but I’m still having problems with my allergies (and the pod boy). Thanks for all the nice notes about my well being!!!